Historic Preservation Committee
Meetings: First Tuesday of Each Month, 5:30 p.m.
Town Hall Meeting Room, 124 Cedar Drive
The Historic Preservation Committee shall be responsible to:
A. Prepare and maintain a survey of historic structures and sites within the Township from 1875 and earlier.
B. Carry out advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the Township.
C. Preserve the heritage of the Township by preserving resources within the Township which reflect elements of its cultural, social, economic and architectural history.
D. Promote appreciation of historic structures and sites for the education, pleasure and welfare of the local population.
E. Encourage the appropriate maintenance and preservation of historic structures and sites.
F. Promote the conservation of historic structures and sites and to invite voluntary compliance for said conservation.
G. Monitor and recommend to the Township Committee the submission of any grants related to historic preservation.
H. Monitor and recommend to the Township Committee the inclusion of any structures or sites within the state or federal historical register.
I. Recognize structures and sites from 1875 and earlier with appropriate plaques.
J. Collect and maintain an oral and pictorial history of the Township.
|COMMITTEE MEMBER||TERM EXPIRATION DATE|
|Lillian G. Burry, Chair||December 31, 2015|
|James C. Schatzle, Liaison||December 31, 2013|
|Susan Baker||December 31, 2013|
|Jane Davis||December 31, 2014|
|Patricia Eastman||December 31, 2013|
|Cindy Feury||December 31, 2015|
|Dr. Jennifer Engel||December 31, 2014|
|Mary Fournier||December 31, 2014|
|Harold Kilbride||December 31, 2013|
|Laura Kolnoski||December 31, 2013|
|Patricia Mitchell||December 31, 2015|
|Antoinette Morello||December 31, 2015|
|Maggie Osmulski||December 31, 2013|
|Ann Rippa||December 31, 2014|
|Frank Rizzuto||December 31, 2013|
|Louise Whitney, Member Emeritus||Effective January 1, 2013|
|Ellen Terry, Secretary|
Colts Neck Township Related History Resources
- Articles of Incorporation of Atlantic Township (now Colts Neck) Part 1
- Articles of Incorporation of Atlantic Township (now Colts Neck) Part 2
- Colts Neck’s Family Cemetery Collection
Township Historic Reference Material
- Oral History of Carroll Barclay
- History of Colts Neck – published by the Colts Neck Historical Committee, c.1965
- History of Colts Neck Fire Co No.1 – 50th Anniversary, 1977
- History from The Natural Resources Inventory
- Population Growth from Master Plan
- Atlas of Monmouth County-F.W. Beers 1873
- A History of Monmouth County-Franklin Ellis, 1885
- Historical and Biographical Atlas of the New Jersey Coast-Woolman & Rose 1878
- This Old Monmouth Of Ours-William Horner 1932
- Laird’s history from Laird’s.
Historical Population Trend