Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
JOHN ANTONIDES, Tax Collector
732-462-5470, Ext. 106 Fax 732-431-3173
CHERYL HOUSS, DEPUTY TAX COLLECTOR
732-462-5470, X 102
The Tax Collector is charged with the responsibility for collecting all taxes and assessments both current and delinquent. By State law, the Colts Neck Tax Office is a billing and collection agency for municipal, County and school districts (Colts Neck Township and Freehold Regional School Districts).
Tax bills are mailed annually, usually during the first two weeks of July. If you do not receive your annual tax bill by July 31st, contact the Tax Office. Taxpayers are urged to read all information on both sides of the tax bill. According to State law, failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt a property owner from payment of taxes.
Taxes are due quarterly, February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. The Mayor and Township Committee have granted a ten-day grace period for payment to the 10th of the month, after which interest accrues from the first day payment is due. For example, first quarter taxes are due February 1. If payment is received after February 10, interest is calculated retroactive to February 1.
- In Person: Cash, checks and money order payments accepted. Office hours: weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Drop Box: A drop box is located at the entrance to Town Hall for after hours tax payments made by check or money order made payable to “Township of Colts Neck”. Please include your current tax payment stub. Payment will be processed as of the next business day. If you would like a receipt, include your entire bill and a stamped, self-addressed stamped envelope. Your bill will be validated and returned via USPS mail.
- By Mail: Make check payable to “Township of Colts Neck”, and mail to the Tax Office at 124 Cedar Drive, together with the current tax payment stub. If you would like a receipt, include your entire bill and a stamped, self-addressed stamped envelope. Your bill will be validated and returned via USPS mail.
- ACH Debit: This is a direct bill payment from your checking account (ACH debit) to the Township. This no fee payment method transfers payment on February 5, May 5, August 5, November 5, and funds must be available that date. Your banking information will be maintained on a secure server by the Township of Colts Neck. To sign up for this, please click on the following link, complete the form and return it to the Tax Office with a voided check at least 30 days prior to next payment date.
- On-Line Credit, Debit, and ACH Payment: See “On-Line Services” of this site for payment details.
- 2014 Tax Revenue Report
- 2013 Tax Revenue Report
- 2012 Tax Revenue Report
- 2011 Tax Revenue Report
- 2010 Tax Revenue Report
- 2009 Tax Revenue Report
- 2008 Tax Revenue Report
- 2007 Tax Revenue Report
- 2006 Tax Revenue Report
- 2005 Tax Revenue Report
- 2004 Tax Revenue Report
- 2003 Tax Revenue Report
- 2002 Tax Revenue Report
- 2001 Tax Revenue Report
- 2000 Tax Revenue Report
- 2015 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2012 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2011 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2010 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2009 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2008 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2007 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2006 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2005 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2004 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2003 Tax Collector’s Report (pdf)
- 2002 Tax Collector’s Report (Final)(pdf)
- 2001 Tax Collector’s Report
- 2000 Tax Collector’s Report
- 1999 Tax Collector’s Report (Final)
- 1998 Tax Collector’s Report (Final)
- 1997 Tax Collector’s Report (Final)