Please click on the following links for updates on the COAH issue:
All residents are urged to subscribe to the Township’s Swift 911 Emergency Notification System.
See home page link (under home page calendar) for additions and updates .
The Township’s emergency notification system is free of charge to subscribers, and the information collected is not used for any purpose other than emergency notifications.
For Facebook and Twitter updates, “like” us at:
Police Department: Facebook: Colts Neck Township Police Twitter: twitter@coltsneckpolice
OEM: Facebook: Colts Neck OEM
For the latest in JCP&L emergency notification system updates, click on the following link:
On September 14, 2016 the Township Committee adopted a resolution amending the discharge ordinance (Ordinance #2016-17). Hunting will now be permitted on “parcels of three (3) acres or larger” which may be “aggregated continuous acreage of more than one landowner”. This is a step forward designed to reduce the deer population and result in fewer motor vehicle accidents, reduced incidents of Lyme disease, reduced loss to agriculture and damage to property.
What is required to meet the amended ordinance requirements for hunting?
- Applicable to private property only.
- Hunters will possess all appropriate licenses and zone permits issued by NJ State Fish &Wildlife Division for hunting white-tailed deer.
- Written permission from all pertinent landowners must be in hunters’ possession while hunting. NO exceptions.
Although deer hunting season is now over, it is never too early to plan for the Fall 2017 hunting season.
Questions? e-mail the Wildlife Committee: email@example.com
Beginning with the late December 2016 reading to be billed in January, TriEagle Energy LP is the supplier of electric energy under the Township’s Energy Aggregation Program for the next 24 months. They have replaced ConEd Solutions.
The Colts Neck Energy Aggregation Program, Round II, now has its own location within this website.
Please visit “Information” “Energy Aggregation Program, Round II” for most current information.
Custodian of Records
- For OPRA requests for Police Department records, please utilize the following form: OPRA Form: Police Department Records Only
- For OPRA requests for Township records, excluding Police Department records, please utilize the following OPRA Form: OPRA Form: Township Records (excluding Police Department Records)